Kumara and sun-dried tomato dip
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 750g kumara, peeled, cut in small pieces
- oil spray
- 420g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 4 tablespoons plain low-fat yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
Total fat 2g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 4g
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Cut kumara in small pieces. Spray with oil and roast for 25 minutes until tender.
2 Mash kumara roughly with a fork. Use a stick blender or processor to process beans, yoghurt and pesto until smooth. Add to kumara with coriander and mix.
3 Season to taste. Served garnished with coriander.
Crackers and/or dippable veges such as spring onions, snow peas, cherry tomatoes, mini carrots celery sticks
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free varieties of yoghurt and pesto.
Once you have made up this dip, it is important to taste and then adjust the seasoning.
This dip will keep really well in the fridge for 2 days in a sealed container and is a great choice for picnics and packed lunches.