Lamb and cannellini soup
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- cooking oil spray
- 1 lamb shank
- 1 carrot, scrubbed, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, chargrilled, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste*
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 400g can Italian tomatoes with herbs*
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 cups salt-reduced chicken stock*
- 2 cups water
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- *NOTE: Ingredients with an asterisk (*) indicate that although this ingredient is usually gluten-free, it's wise to check the label to be sure as product ingredients can vary and formulations can change.
Total fat 7g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 7g
1 Brown onion in a little oil spray in a non-stick pan. Place in a slow cooker.
2 Brown lamb shank in a little oil spray and place in slow cooker with the remaining ingredients except beans, spinach and seasoning. Mix well. Cook on low for 7 hours.
3 Stir in beans and spinach and cook for 1 more hour. Remove shank from soup. Cool slightly and shred lamb. Return to soup. Season and serve.
Make it gluten free: Check tomato paste and flavoured tomatoes are gluten free. Use gluten free stock
Last updated date: 20 October 20182018-10-20 10:07:59