Lamb and eggplant curry
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 200g lamb stir-fry
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 eggplant, cubed
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 2cm-piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon shrimp paste
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 lime, juice
- 2 cups steamed rice
- lime wedges to serve - 2 kaffir lime leaves, chopped (optional)
Total fat 16g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 6g
1 Spray a non-stick pan with oil. Heat to high and stir-fry lamb for 2 minutes. Add curry paste. Stir-fry for 2 more minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
2 Add half the vegetable oil to pan. Add eggplant and stir-fry for about 5 minutes until golden and tender. Remove from pan and set aside.
3 Add the remaining oil to pan. Add garlic and spring onions and stir-fry until golden. Add chilli, ginger, tomato, lime leaves and shrimp paste. Stir-fry for a few seconds until tomatoes soften.
4 Add eggplant back to pan. Add soy sauce, sugar, lime juice and water. Simmer for 2 minutes. Add lamb back in and heat through.
5 Serve with Rice and garnished with kaffir lime leaves and lime wedges.