Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 lemon, 2 tablespoons juice and grated zest
- 1/3 cup liquid salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1 1/2 tablespoons liquid honey
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon cornflour, dissolved in 1 tablespoon cold water
- oil spray
- 500g chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 4 spring onions, cut in 3cm lengths, plus extra, to garnish
- 3cm-piece fresh ginger, peeled, cut in thin matchsticks
- 350g broccoli, trimmed, cut in florets
- 250g snow peas, trimmed, halved diagonally
- 3 cups cooked rice, to serve
Total fat 9g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 6g
- Mix lemon juice, stock, honey, Chinese rice wine and cornflour in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Spray a wok or large frying pan with oil. Place over a high heat. Stir-fry chicken in batches for 2–3 minutes until golden. Remove and set aside.
- Spray wok with a little more oil. Add onions, ginger and lemon zest. Stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add broccoli and snow peas. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Return chicken to wok with honey mixture. Bring to the boil and simmer for 1 minute or until slightly thickened. Garnish with extra onions. Serve with rice.
Cutting dairy out of your diet for health reasons or because you’re vegan doesn’t have to be a chore. Healthy Food Guide has an extensive collection of healthy dairy-free recipes to make the transition easy and delicious. Browse hundreds of recipes with a gluten-free option. Easy and healthy gluten free meals, delicious cakes and desserts. Browse hundreds of high-fibre recipes. Delicious and healthy meal ideas with high fibre ingredients. Browse hundreds of low-fat recipes. Delicious and easy low fat meals, snacks and desserts. Browse hundreds of low sodium recipes. Lower your sodium intake with delicious and healthy meal ideas.
Make it gluten free: Check cornflour and stock varieties are gluten free.
Photographer: Mark O'Meara
First published: Mar 20122018-08-20 17:55:26
Ready to put your health first?
© Healthy Life Media LimitedAll rights reservedReproduction without permission prohibited