Lemon thyme chicken with Mediterranean risoni
Time to make: 30 mins , plus marinating
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 6-8 skinless, boneless free-range chicken thighs (500g)
- 2 lemons, finely grated zest and juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- oil spray, to grease
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 cups risoni or orzo pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 12-14 halves sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons capers, drained, rinsed
- 10-12 kalamata olives, de stonepitXd, halved
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 handful fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Total fat 21g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 5g
1 Marinate chicken thighs in lemon zest, half the juice, thyme, the first measure of oil and garlic for at least 15 minutes (ideally, for 1 hour or overnight). Spray a pan with oil. Add chicken and cook each side for about 3 minutes or until cooked through. Add cherry tomatoes to pan and cook for a few minutes.
2 Cook pasta following packet directions. Drain well and mix through the second measure of oil, cooked cherry tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, capers and olives. Add a little lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir through parsley just before serving.
3 To serve, spoon pasta onto a plate and top with 1-2 chicken thighs.
Serve with a side salad of your choice or a simple salad of rocket, sliced pear and thin shavings of parmesan cheese, dressed with a splash of white balsamic vinegar and extra-virgin olive oil.