Nutrition Info.(per serve)
1/2 cup brown rice
2 teaspoons sesame oil
250g sirloin or scotch fillet steak, fat removed and sliced thinly
1 clove garlic, finely sliced
2 spring onions, finely sliced
1 red chilli, finely sliced, plus extra to garnish (optional)
2 stalks lemongrass, finely sliced
1 red capsicum, finely sliced
2 cups sliced mushrooms
2 cups baby spinach
1 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce
2 teaspoons fish sauce
Total fat 15g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 7g
- Cook rice according to packet instructions.
- In a frying pan, heat half the sesame oil over high. Add beef (in two batches if pan is small) and cook quickly, until browned, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Return pan to heat and add remaining oil. Add garlic, spring onion, chilli, lemongrass and capsicum and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes. Add mushrooms and stir-fry until mushrooms are cooked, about 5 minutes. Add spinach and cook for 1 minute, until spinach is wilted.
- Remove pan from heat. Return beef and any juices to pan, along with soy sauce, fish sauce and ¼ cup water. Stir well.
- To serve, divide beef and rice between 2 plates, garnished with extra chilli, if desired.
Make it gluten free: Check sauces are gluten free.
Make it low FODMAP: Use green tips of spring onion, replace mushrooms with eggplant, and replace garlic with garlic-infused olive oil.
This recipe is from our Weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of delicious, nutritionist-approved meals for two, for under $85. Just grab your shopping list and get dinner done!