Lentil burger patties
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 tablespoons rice bran oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried basil, marjoram and sage
- pinch dried thyme
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown lentils
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup rolled oatsoatmeal uncookedX
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
Total fat 11g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 3g
1 Heat half the oil in a medium non-stick frying pan. Gently fry onion with garlic, bay leaf and herbs until onion is transparent
2 In a large mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients and fried onion mix.
3 Heat remaining oil in pan. Drop heaped dessertspoon-sized amounts of lentil mix into pan and flatten slightly with spoon. Lightly fry both sides until burgers are dark golden. Remove from pan and place on paper towels to absorb any excess oil.
4 Eat hot or cold, served on a whole grain bun with salsa, hummus, onion, tomato and lettuce. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.