Mediterranean beef stroganoff
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 small orange kumara, peeled, chopped
- oil spray
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 120g lean beef stir-fry strips
- 2 teaspoons Mediterranean Paste (we used Gourmet Garden)
- 1/2 cup liquid salt-reduced beef stock made with 1/2 cup boiling water and 1/2 teaspoon salt-reduced beef stock powder
- 1/3 cup chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup stir-fry vegetables
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat crème fraîche
Total fat 21g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 12g
1 Place kumara in a pan with water and cook for 10-12 minutes. Meanwhile, heat oil in a non-stick pan and cook onion and mushrooms until softened.
2 Add a little more oil spray. Add beef. Cook until evenly browned. Add paste and toss to coat beef. Add stock and chickpeas and bring to the boil. Reduce heat. Simmer for 5 minutes.
3 Meanwhile, stir-fry or cook vegetables in the microwave or for a few minutes in boiling water until tender. Drain kumara then mash. Stir crème fraîche through beef. Serve with kumara and stir-fry veges.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free beef stock and check crème fraîche is gluten free.
- Instead of Mediterranean Paste, use tomato paste or sun-dried tomato pesto (check gluten free if applicable).