Mexican black beans with spicy avocado and grilled tortilla
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
500g rump steak, fat trimmed, chopped in chunks
Dot’s Cooking Oil Spray
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 large carrot, peeled, diced
1 small courgette, trimmed, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon Mexican seasoning, plus extra 1/4 teaspoon
2 tablespoons Delmaine Tomato Paste
2 x 400g cans Delmaine Black Beans, drained, rinsed
400g can Delmaine Cherry Tomatoes
1 cup water
1/2 firm ripe NZ Avocado, diced
2 tablespoons chopped Palmers Fresh CorianderCilantroX
squeeze lemon juice (optional)
4 wholemeal tortillas, plain, grilled
Total fat 18g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 17g
- Mince the beef. Spray a large saucepan with oil and set over a high heat. Brown mince and set aside.
- Spray saucepan again with oil and set over a medium heat. Add onion, carrot and courgette. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-6 minutes, or until soft. Add garlic and Mexican seasoning. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add tomato paste and cook for 1 minute.
- Add cooked mince, black beans, tomatoes and water to saucepan. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, or until mixture is thick.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-sized bowl combine extra Mexican seasoning, avocado and coriander. Add lemon juice (if desired).
- Place 1 grilled tortilla on each serving plate. Top with bean mixture and spicy avocado. Serve immediately.
This recipe is proudly sponsored by Mastercraft, Countdown, Dot’s, Delmaine, Kenwood, NZ Avocado and Palmers.