Mexican rice with chicken and prawns
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- olive oil spray
- 8 small chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriandercilantroX
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 400g can diced Italian tomatoes
- 2 cups reduced-salt chicken stock
- 12 raw prawns, peeled, de-veined
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
Total fat 9g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 4g
1 Spray a non-stick frying pan with oil. Cook 4 drumsticks over a medium heat until golden – about 6 minutes. Remove from pan and cook remaining drumsticks.
2 Spray pan again. Cook onion for 3 minutes, or until soft. Add garlic and capsicum. Cook for 2 minutes. Stir in cumin, coriander, paprika and rice.
3 Add tomatoes and stock. Bring to the boil. Add chicken. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Add prawns and peas. Cook for 3 minutes. Top with parsley and serve.
Make it gluten free: Check your stock and canned tomatoes are gluten free brands.