Mexican-style prawn and avocado salad
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 24 prawns, peeled (tails intact)
- 1 cup frozen corn sweetcornXkernels, defrosted
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 2 tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 1 medium green capsicum, thinly sliced
- 2 medium red capsicums, thinly sliced
- 400g can kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium avocado, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh coriandercilantroX
- 1 tablespoon hot chilli sauce
- 1 lime, 1 1/2 tablespoons juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 11g
1 Chargrill prawns, turning, for 4-5 minutes, or until cooked through.
2 In a large bowl, place corn, lettuce, tomatoes, capsicums, beans, onion and avocado. Toss.
3 To make dressing, whisk chilli sauce, lime juice and garlic together in a small jug.
4 Top salad with prawns and drizzle with dressing. Garnish with coriander before serving.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free chilli sauce.
Lime juice and coriander provide great flavour for almost no kilojoules. Add more, if you prefer.