Mince and mushroom loaves
Time to make: 35 mins
( Hands-on time: 10 mins )
Total cost: $ 29.70 / $ 4.95 per serve
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
175g pack San Remo Couscous with quinoa
400g lean beef mince
1-2 tablespoons Gourmet Garden Mediterranean paste
1 egg, beaten
2 cups finely chopped mushrooms
2 spring onions, finely chopped
1 cup passata
10 petit peppers
6 cups broccoli florets, to serve
4 cups cooked brown rice, to serve
Total fat 8g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 8g
- Preheat oven to190°C. Cook couscous according to packet instructions then leave to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl add mince, paste, egg, mushrooms and onion. Add cooled couscous and combine well.
- Use wet hands to form mix into 6 even-shaped mini loaves (or use mini loaf tins). Place in a lightly greased ovenproof dish. Place dish (or tins) in a larger baking pan. Add a little boiling water to the larger pan (this helps cook loaves evenly and keep them moist). Cook for 25 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Meanwhile, in a blender add passata and peppers and blitz. Transfer to a saucepan, combine sauce with 1/2 cup water and heat gently.
- Five minutes before serving, in a saucepan of boiling water cook broccoli for 3 minutes. Drain.
- Drizzle loaves with sauce and serve with broccoli and rice on the side.
These mini loaves can be made the day before and kept in a sealed container in the fridge.