Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 large potato, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 small eggplantaubergineX, thinly sliced
- 450g lean beef minceground beefX
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato purée
- 400g can no-added-salt chopped tomatoes
- 1 salt-reduced beef stock cube
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 egg yolks
- 275g low-fat natural yoghurt
- 3/4 cup grated reduced-fat cheese
- mixed salad, to serve
Total fat 15.4g
Saturated fat 7.6g
Dietary fibre 0g
1 Preheat oven to 190°C. Grease a large ovenproof dish. Steam or microwave potato and carrots until tender. Immerse eggplant in boiling water for 1 minute. Drain.
2 Brown mince in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Drain off any fat. Return to heat, add onion and carrots and cook for 3-5 minutes. Add tomato purée, tomatoes, stock cube and water, and stir until simmering.
3 Place half the eggplant into a prepared dish. Top with half the mince mixture, then half the potato. Repeat layers with remaining eggplant, mince and potato.
4 Beat egg yolks with yoghurt. Pour over top layer of potatoes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until golden. Serve with salad.
- Servings : 4
- Ready in : 50 Minutes
Eggplant soaks up oil like a sponge, so blanching it in boiling water instead of frying it means you’re drastically cutting down on fat.