Mussels in ginger, coriander and garlic
Time to make: 25 mins , plus cleaning mussels
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1kg fresh mussels
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed or finely chopped
- 1 piece fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 small red chillies, finely sliced
- 1 bunch coriandercilantroX
- 2/3 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat spread
Total fat 6g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 1g
1 To prepare mussels, scrub shells under cold running water. Remove any beards from shells.
2 In a pan large enough for mussels, place onions, garlic, ginger, chillies and three-quarters of the coriander. Add wine and water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
3 Add mussels to pan. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and cook over a moderate heat. Shake pan occasionally until shells open. Discard any mussels which remain closed. Turn mussels into a colander, keeping the liquid.
4 Return liquid to pan with spread. Whisk. Add remaining coriander. Serve.
Crusty gluten-free bread and lemon slices