Nectarine almond sponge
Time to make: 1 hr
( Hands-on time: 20 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 115g reduced-fat spread
- 1/2 cup soft brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup self-raising flour or gluten-free baking mix
- 3 tablespoons ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon almond essence
- 3 nectarines or peaches, de- stonepitXd, sliced
- icingfrostingX sugar, to sprinkle
Total fat 13g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 1g
1 Line a 20cm baking tin with greaseproof paper. Preheat oven to 180°C. Cream spread with sugar until light and creamy.
2 Add eggs and beat in. Fold in flour and ground almonds. Add essence.
3 Scatter half the stone fruit over the base of prepared tin. Top with sponge mixture and spread to cover evenly. Scatter over the remaining fruit. Level the surface.
4 Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and firm to touch. Sprinkle with icing sugar before serving.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free baking mix (same quantity) instead of self-raising flour.