Noodle, vege and herb frittata
Time to make: 1 hr 20 mins
( Hands-on time: 20 mins )
Total cost: $ 9.00 / $ 2.25 per serve
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
60g rice vermicelli noodles
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 large carrots, peeled and spiralised (see tips)
2 large courgettes, trimmed and spiralised (see tips)
3/4 cup corn kernels, thawed if frozen
2 tablespoons lite sour cream
250g frozen spinach, thawed, squeezed of excess water
1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce, to drizzle
4 cups salad greens, to serve
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, to serve
basil leaves, to serve
Total fat 13g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 9g
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC. Line a 22cm-round springform tin with baking paper or foil.
- In a large heatproof bowl, place vermicelli noodles and cover with boiling water. Soak for 5 minutes, or until softened. Drain and set aside to cool.
- In a large non-stick frying pan, heat half of the oil over medium. Sauté onion for 1-2 minutes, or until softened. Add garlic, carrot, courgette and corn and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes, or until vegetables are just softened. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and sour cream together. Stir through spinach. Place cooled vegetables and noodles evenly in the prepared tin. Pour over egg mixture.
- Bake frittata for 1 hour, or until golden and set in the middle. Slice into wedges and drizzle with sweet chilli sauce. Serve with salad, dressed with balsamic vinegar and remaining olive oil. Scatter over basil leaves.
Make it gluten free: Check noodles, sour cream and sweet chilli sauce are gluten free.
Use a spiraliser for thin carrot and courgette ‘noodles’. Stop when you reach the courgette seeds. Or cut wider ‘noodles’ with a vegetable peeler.