Peppered steaks with caramelised onions
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 3 medium potatoes, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 3 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, chopped
- 2 large sprigs rosemary
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon castor sugar
- 4 sirloin steaks, fat trimmed
Total fat 24g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 4g
1 Preheat oven to 190°C. Place potatoes, courgettes and rosemary in a large baking dish and drizzle over 2 tablespoons oil. Season with salt and pepper, then roast for 40 minutes or until golden and tender.
2 Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large frying pan. Add onions and fry gently for 15-20 minutes until soft and golden. Add vinegar and sugar and fry for 5 minutes until soft and melting. Tip into a dish and keep warm.
3 Season steaks with salt and pepper, then add to the pan. Fry over high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side. Divide potato mixture among four plates and top each with a steak and a spoonful of onions.