Pita bread pizza with chicken and grilled veges
Time to make: 30 mins
( Hands-on time: 15 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 small courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, cut in ribbons
- 8 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large yellow capsicum, thinly sliced
- 4 wholemeal pita breads
- 8 tablespoons tomato and basil pasta sauce
- 1 cup grated reduced-fat mozzarella or pizza cheese
- 8 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 200g shredded cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 4 cups rocketarugulaX salad, to serve
Total fat 10g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 6g
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Preheat a chargrill or grill to medium-high. Cook courgettes, mushrooms and capsicum, turning, for 5 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a plate.
2 Place pita bread on a large lined baking tray. Spread sauce over pitas and sprinkle equally with 2/3 cup cheese. Top with grilled vegetables, tomatoes, chicken and the remaining cheese. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until bases are crisp. Sprinkle with basil and serve with salad.
- Use any veges you have on hand or leftover roasted vegetables.
- Replace the final 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese with feta, ricotta or bocconcini cheese.