PLT sandwich with honey-mustard dressing
Time to make: 30 mins
( Hands-on time: 10 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- oil spray
- 500g lean pork fillet
- 1 1/2 cups green beans, halved lengthways
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, cut in 6cm lengths
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- 1 small cos lettuce, leaves separated, torn
- 4 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 2 small French bread sticks, halved, sliced open to insert filling
Total fat 16g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 4g
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Place a large frying pan over a high heat and spray with oil. Cook pork, turning, for 5 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer to a baking tray. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Slice thickly.
2 Meanwhile, steam beans and asparagus for about 2 minutes or until tender-crisp. Refresh under cold water then drain.
3 To make honey-mustard dressing, combine mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice and honey in a small bowl. Layer one-quarter of the lettuce, pork, tomatoes, beans and asparagus in each bread stick. Drizzle each sandwich with dressing to serve.
- Make it vegetarian: Replace pork with a vegetarian pattie.
- Make it gluten free: Check mayonnaise and mustard are gluten free. Use gluten-free bread.