Pork, broccoli and almond stir-fry
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 350g pork strips
- 4 teaspoons cornflourcornstarchX
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 spring onions, cut in strips lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon crushed fresh ginger
- 180g broccoli, cut into florets (around 2 cups, chopped)
- 1 courgette, cut in half lengthwise, sliced thinly on the diagonal
- juice of 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon hot chilli sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1/4 cup almonds, toasted
- steamed rice to serve
Total fat 11.7g
Saturated fat 1.6g
Dietary fibre 3.8g
1 Coat the pork strips in the cornflour. Place oil in a wok over high heat. Add the garlic and pork strips and cook for 3-5 minutes, until brown. Remove and keep warm.
2 Add the spring onions, ginger, broccoli and courgette to the wok. Cook for 1-2 minutes, until the ginger becomes fragrant. Add the orange juice and cook for 2-3 minutes.
3 Stir in the pork, chilli sauce and soy sauce. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, tossing well to combine. Stir through the almonds. Serve immediately with steamed rice.
Try cooking pork as you would beef or lamb − it's perfectly safe to eat cooked pork that's slightly pink in the middle.