Pork meatballs with egg noodles and Asian greens
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 4 spring onions, white part only, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five spice
- 600g lean pork mince
- olive oil spray
- 1/3 cup (80ml) plum sauce
- 2 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 400g fresh hokkien noodles
- 2 bunches baby bok choy, trimmed
- 1 1/2 cups bean sprouts
Total fat 9g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 6g
1 Place spring onions, ginger, five spice and pork in a bowl. Mix with hands until well-combined. Roll into tablespoon-size balls.
2 Heat a large frying pan over a high heat, spray with oil. Add meatballs. Cook, turning, for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
3 Mix plum and soy sauces. Add half the sauce to pan with cooked meatballs and toss to coat and heat through.
4 Meanwhile, cook noodles according to packet instructions. Add bok choy for last 30 seconds then drain.
5 To serve, toss noodles and bok choy with meatballs. Divide between plates, top with sprouts and drizzle with remaining sauce.