Pot roast dinner
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 8 medium potatoes
- 4 carrots
- 1 onion
- 1 swede
- 2 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX
- 1kg lamb roast shoulder, rolled
- 2 tablespoons Marmite
- 1 litre cold water
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 6g
- Wash potatoes and carrots. Peel and quarter onion. Wash and slice swede and courgettes.
- Place meat in a casserole dish. Spread Marmite all over the meat. Arrange potatoes and vegetables next to meat. Add water, rosemary and cinnamon (if using). Cover with a tight-fitting lid.
- It isn’t necessary to preheat the oven. Bake at 160ºC for 2 hours. Do not peek until the roast is done. Use oven mitts to remove the casserole dish from oven (or ask a grown-up). Serve with meat juice.
Cutting dairy out of your diet for health reasons or because you’re vegan doesn’t have to be a chore. Healthy Food Guide has an extensive collection of healthy dairy-free recipes to make the transition easy and delicious. Having type 2 diabetes, or pre-diabetes, doesn't mean you can't enjoy amazing food! Here are hundreds of healthy and delicious type-2 diabetes-friendly recipes. Browse hundreds of high-fibre recipes. Delicious and healthy meal ideas with high fibre ingredients. Improve your energy levels and resistance with a balanced, iron rich diet. Our huge collection of healthy, iron-boosting recipes are as tasty as they are easy to make. Browse hundreds of low-kilojoule recipes. Delicious low-kilojoule/calorie meal and snack ideas. Browse hundreds of low sodium recipes. Lower your sodium intake with delicious and healthy meal ideas.
You need a very deep pan to make this pot roast to fit all the veges.
Photographer: Melanie Jenkins
First published: Sep 20102018-10-30 14:28:24
Ready to put your health first?
© Healthy Life Media LimitedAll rights reservedReproduction without permission prohibited