Potato and cheese clafoutis
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
2 small potatoes, diced
1 carrot, diced
2 spring onions, diced
1 clove garlic, crushed2 tomatoes, chopped
4 eggs, beaten
3 tablespoons plain low-fat yoghurt
1/2 cup trim milk
1/4 cup self-raising flour
1/3 cup finely grated parmesan
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
3 cups baby spinach
5 peppadew peppersbell peppersX (see tips)
Total fat 24g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 7g
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Spray a frying pan with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Add potatoes, carrot, spring onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- In a 25cm round baking dish, arrange the vegetable mixture. Add tomatoes.
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Add the yoghurt and milk, mix well. Sift in the self-raising flour and combine. Add half of the parmesan and season with black pepper and a pinch of salt.
- Pour egg mixture over the vegetables. Sprinkle remaining parmesan on top. Place in the oven and cook for 25-30 minutes, until clafoutis has risen and is golden.
- While clafoutis is cooking, in a medium bowl, combine oil, vinegar and mustard to make dressing. Add spinach and peppadews and toss before serving with clafoutis.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free flour and check mustard is gluten free
You can buy peppadews pickled and ready to go from most supermarket delis or where pickles are shelved.
Leftover clafoutis is great reheated or served cold for breakfast or lunch.