Potato and pea curry
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 4 potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriandercilantroX
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- thumb-sized piece fresh ginger, grated
- 1 can lite coconut milk or coconut-flavoured evaporated milk
- 1 cup frozen peas
Total fat 5.4g
Saturated fat 1.4g
Dietary fibre 4.7g
1 Chop the onion, garlic and potatoes and grate the ginger. Gently fry the onion, garlic and ginger in the oil until soft.
2 Add the spices and stir well to combine, add the potatoes and cook a further 2 minutes, then add the coconut milk and peas. Bring to a simmer and cook until the potatoes are cooked through.
3 Serve with basmati rice and a sprinkle of fresh coriander.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free curry powder.
If you can’t find coconut-flavoured evaporated milk, use 3 capfuls (about 15 ml) of coconut essence to 1 can of lite evaporated milk.