Prawn pad Thai with broccolini
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 200g rice stick noodles
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 4 teaspoons brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- oil spray
- 400g raw prawns, tails intact
- 1 onion, cut in thin wedges
- 1 large carrot, peeled, cut in thin matchsticks
- 2 bunches broccolini, trimmed, cut in long florets
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts, to serve
- lime wedges, to serve
Total fat 8g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 5g
1 Place noodles in a heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and leave to soak for 5 minutes. Drain well. Combine lime juice, fish sauce and sugar. Stir to dissolve sugar. Set sauce aside.
2 Spray a large wok with oil and set over a high heat. Cook prawns in 2 batches for 2-3 minutes or until golden and just cooked through. Remove pan from heat. Set prawns aside. Spray wok with a light coating of oil and return to high heat. Add onion and carrot. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add broccolini and capsicum. Stir-fry for 1-2 more minutes.
3 Add bean sprouts. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Add noodles, prawns and sauce. Cook, tossing, for 1-2 minutes or until noodles are coated in sauce.
4 Scatter pad Thai with chopped peanuts. Serve with lime wedges.
Make it gluten free: Check fish sauce is gluten free.