Pumpkin and potato curry with peas
Time to make: 45 mins
( Hands-on time: 20 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 bunch coriandercilantroX
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 600g pumpkin, peeled, cut in 3cm pieces
- 700g potatoes, peeled, cut in 3cm pieces
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 large lime, juice
- 2 teaspoons brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 165ml can light coconut milk (we used Trident)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups cooked jasmine rice
Total fat 6g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 8g
1 Cut off roots and 2cm of stalks from coriander. Wash well and chop finely. Heat oil in a deep frying pan or wok over a medium-high heat. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes until soft. Add curry paste and coriander roots and stalks. Stir until combined. Add pumpkin and potatoes. Stir for 3 minutes until vegetables are coated with paste.
2 Add water, lime juice, sugar, soy sauce and coconut milk to pan. Bring mixture to the boil and simmer for 25 minutes until vegetables are tender. Stir through peas. Cook for 2 more minutes until heated through. Spoon rice into serving bowls. Top with curry and garnish with coriander leaves.
Make it gluten free: Check curry paste and soy sauce are gluten free.