Pumpkin and spinach cannelloni
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 750g pumpkin, peeled, cut in chunks
- 1 large bunch spinach, trimmed
- 6 spring onions, trimmed, white part only, thinly sliced
- 250g low-fat cottage cheese
- pinch nutmeg
- black pepper, to season
- 4 fresh lasagne sheets, cut in half
- 400ml can tomato and basil pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup grated reduced-fat cheddar cheese
Total fat 7g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 9g
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a 1 1/2-litre (6 cup-capacity) ovenproof baking dish.
2 Cook pumpkin in a large saucepan of boiling water for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain, mash roughly with a fork then set aside to cool slightly. Blanch spinach in boiling water for 30 seconds. Rinse in cold water and drain well. Squeeze out excess moisture then chop roughly.
3 Place pumpkin, spring onions, spinach, cottage cheese and nutmeg in a large bowl. Season with pepper. Mix together.
4 Spoon 4 tablespoons (1/3 cup) filling in the middle of each lasagne sheet. Fold sheet to enclose filling. Spread 1/3 cup (80ml) pasta sauce in the bottom of prepared dish. Place cannelloni on top in a single layer. Repeat with remaining sheets and filling.
5 Pour remaining tomato sauce over cannelloni, season well with pepper and sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 30 minutes, or until cheese has melted and is bubbling. Serve with a green salad.