Rainbow Thai noodles with pad Thai sauce
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
1 cup (120g) raw prawns, thawed if frozen, peeled, deveined and tails removed
2 teaspoons sesame oil
2 eggs, lightly beaten
100g rice noodles
2 spring onions, finely sliced
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
2 tablespoons finely chopped ginger
1 stalk lemongrass, finely sliced
1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
2 carrots, julienned or peeled in ribbons
1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
1 teaspoon chilli flakes, plus extra to garnish (optional)
1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh basil, to serve
1/4 cup chopped almonds or peanuts, to serve
Pad Thai sauce
1 teaspoon fish sauce
2 teaspoons sriracha, or to your taste
2 tablespoons apple ciderhard ciderX or white vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 cup water
Total fat 26g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 9g
- Spray a frying pan with oil and set over a high heat. Cook prawns, turning, for 2 minutes, until cooked through. Set aside.
- Return pan to heat and add half of the sesame oil. Add eggs and swirl around pan to make a thin omelette. When cooked, remove from pan and set aside. When cool, roughly slice.
- Prepare rice noodles according to packet instructions. In a small bowl, combine sauce ingredients.
- Return pan to medium-high heat. Add remaining sesame oil. Add spring onions, garlic, ginger, lemongrass and capsicum and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. Add noodles, carrot, tomatoes and chilli flakes and stir to combine. Remove from heat and add sauce, stirring. Add omelette and prawns back to pan. Toss.
- To serve, divide noodles between 2 plates, garnished with basil, peanuts and, if desired, extra chilli flakes.
Make it gluten free: Check fish sauce, sriracha and cider vinegar are gluten free.
This recipe is from our Weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of delicious, nutritionist-approved meals for two, for under $85. Just grab your shopping list and get dinner done!