Refreshing noodle salad
Time to make: 15 mins , plus time to make savoury mince
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- large handful rice noodles
- 1 quantity Savoury mince, cooled slightly or completely cold
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce (I used Kikkoman's)
- juice of 1 lime or 2 teaspoons concentrated lime juice
- 1 small courgette, coarsely grated
- 10cm piece cucumber, peeled, cut in strips
- large handful bean sprouts
- small handful mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
Total fat 14g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 9g
1 Soak noodles in a large pan of boiling water according to packet instructions until tender. Drain, then return to pan. Fill with cold water and allow to cool.
2 Drain and return to pan with savoury mince and remaining ingredients. Gently mix together, then divide among 4 plates and serve.
Omit the noodles and instead toss in extra bean sprouts and cucumber for added crunch.
You can also use this savoury mince base in these recipes: