Roast vege and lentil salad
Time to make: 45 mins
( Hands-on time: 15 mins )
Total cost: $ 14.80 / $ 1.85 per serve
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1/2 cup green lentils
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 cups salt-reduced liquid vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 red capsicums, cut in wedges
- 1 eggplant, sliced
- 2 courgettes, halved, quartered
- 1 red onion, cut in wedges
- 1 fennel bulb or 3 baby fennel bulbs, sliced
- oil spray
- 120g feta or goats' cheese, crumbled
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 lemon, juice
Total fat 8g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 3g
1 Rinse lentils and place in a pan with wine and stock. Bring to the boil then cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes. Drain and cool.
2 Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200°C. Place vegetables on a large, lightly greased ovenproof dish. Spray with oil and cook for 25 minutes or until lightly charred and tender. Toss halfway through cooking and spray with a little more oil if needed.
3 Mix vegetables with lentils. Cool for 5 minutes. Place on a serving platter. Sprinkle feta and basil over. To make dressing, mix oil, balsamic and lemon juice then drizzle over salad and toss lightly and serve.
- This salad can be served hot or cold.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free stock.