Roasted kumara and garlic soup
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1kg orange kumara, peeled, cut in chunks
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 bulbs garlic, trimmed
- oil spray
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 4 cups hot salt-reduced vegetable stock made with 4 cups water and 3 teaspoons salt-reduced stock powder
- 1 cup reduced-fat coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriandercilantroX or flat-leaf parsley
Total fat 9g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 9g
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Place kumara, onion and garlic in a large roasting pan. Spray with oil, re-spraying halfway through cooking. Cook for 30 minutes or until tender.
2 Tip kumara and onion into a large non-stick saucepan. Squeeze garlic from 1 roasted garlic bulb and add flesh to pan. Stir in curry powder.
3 Add hot stock to pan with coconut cream. Use a blender to purée soup until smooth.
4 Return to pan, heat through and season with freshly ground black pepper. Scatter over coriander and add the remaining roasted garlic.
Serve with crusty bread
- Replace half the kumara with pumpkin for a delicious pumpkin and kumara soup.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free varieties of stock and curry powder.