Roasted lemon chicken
Time to make: 35 mins
( Hands-on time: 10 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 600g chicken thigh cutlets, skin removed
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 500g buttercup squash, seeds removed, cut in even-sized pieces
- 2 medium lemons, cut in 8 wedges
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 250g bag of fresh spinach or rocketarugulaX
Total fat 15g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 6g
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Heat a large frying pan to a high heat. Add first measure of oil. Sear chicken until lightly golden on each side. Transfer to a roasting dish or a large shallow casserole dish.
2 Add potato wedges, buttercup squash and lemon to casserole dish. Sprinkle with salt and drizzle over second oil measure. Toss vegetables to coat.
3 Place in oven for 25 minutes. Turn chicken and potatoes over once. Allow an extra 5 minutes cooking time if chicken portions are large.
4 Divide among 4 plates and serve with spinach.
If you have other herbs available, add 2 tablespoons oregano or rosemary to the roasting dish.