Rocket and chickpea penne
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained, rinsed
- 500g jar tomato pasta sauce such as garlic roasted
- 350g penne pasta
- 100g rocketarugulaX or spinach
- 50g shaved parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons walnut pieces
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 11g
1 Place chickpeas in a pan with pasta sauce and cook over a gentle heat.
2 Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add pasta and return to the boil for 10-12 minutes or until pasta is just tender. Remove from heat and drain leaving 2-3 tablespoons water in pan.
3 Tip pasta into a warmed serving dish. Pour hot pasta sauce and chickpeas over the top. Toss together. Stir through rocket and season with black pepper. Top with parmesan, walnuts and basil. Toss lightly before serving.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free tomato pasta sauce and penne.