Salmon and bean quesadillas
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- oil spray
- 1 onion, sliced, or 1/2 onion and 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic (optional)
- 2 tomatoes, chopped, or 1 capsicum
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 400g can black beans in chilli sauce
- 200g smoked salmon, broken in bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 extra-light flour tortillas
Total fat 18g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 6g
1 Heat a non stick-frying pan with oil spray and cook onion. Add garlic (if using) and cook for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and mushrooms and cook for 2 more minutes. Add beans and salmon. Heat through.
2 Remove from pan and set aside. Wash pan and spray with a little more oil. Add 1 tortilla, sprinkle with cheese and add some bean mixture to cover. Top with another tortilla to make a sandwich. Cook for 1 minute to allow tortilla to brown. Turn over and cook for another minute.
3 Repeat process with the remaining tortillas and filling. Cut each sandwich in half and serve.
- Try this dish with canned beans, smoked chicken or tuna. The vegetables can be varied, too.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free tortillas.
Make sure you use a non-stick pan slightly larger than the tortillas to make turning easier.