Time to make: 55 mins
( Hands-on time: 10 mins )
Total cost: $ 8.40 / $ 1.40 per serve
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups trim milk
- 75g reduced-fat spread, melted
- 415g can pink salmon, drained (if you only have a smaller tin at hand, use it. It tastes just as good!)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly grated reduced-fat cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives (optional)
- oil spray, to grease
Total fat 20g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 1g
1 Sift flour together with baking powder into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre of flour and stir in eggs, milk and butter. Add salmon, onion, cheese and chives (if using). Mix everything together until just combined.
2 Pour into a large, greased ovenproof dish. Cook at 180ºC for about 45 minutes until set. Serve with salad and/or steamed vegetables. Any leftovers are perfect for lunches the next day!
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free flour and baking powder.