Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 500g seafood (medium to firm textured, skinless, boneless fish fillets and shellfish eg. oysters, scallops, mussels)
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons white wine (optional)
- 425g can tomatoes and juice
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 cups cooked spaghetti or tagliatelle
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 5g
1 Cut fish into 2cm cubes. Steam open shellfish and remove shellfish meat from shells. Discard unopened shells.
2 Lightly oil a frying pan and heat over a medium heat, add onion and sauté until soft. Add basil, paprika and oregano and cook 2-3 minutes. Add wine (if using) and tomatoes and juice. Simmer slowly for 5-10 minutes until thick and pulpy.
3 Add cubed fish and shellfish and cook gently until fish turns white throughout. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Serve immediately over your pasta.
For the nutrition information we used 300g snapper, 100g mussels, 50g scallops and 50g oysters.