Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 4 x 120g lean pork steaks
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds
- cooking oil spray
- 500g frozen mixed vegetables
Total fat 9g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 6g
1 To make marinade, mix sesame oil and soy sauce. Marinate pork for 5-10 minutes.
2 While pork marinates, cook rice following packet directions.
3 Coat pork in sesame seeds. Spray a frying pan with oil and cook pork over a medium heat for 5-7 minutes until brown underneath. Turn over, cover with lid and remove from heat. Stand for 5 minutes to cook through.
4 Meanwhile, steam vegetables. When cooked, remove pork from pan, slice diagonally and serve with rice and steamed vegetables.
- Stir-fry veges with a packet of cooked noodles then top with pork steaks. Sprinkle with finely sliced spring onions before serving.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free soy sauce.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..