Silver beet, ricotta and broccoli pie
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 300g broccoli, trimmed, cut in florets
- 1 large bunch silver beet, stems removed, leaves washed, shredded
- oil spray
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill, plus extra 1 tablespoon, to serve
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 60g reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 250g light ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 6 sheets filo pastry
Total fat 16g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 5g
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and immerse broccoli to blanch until just tender. Refresh under cold running water, drain well, roughly chop and set aside.
- Place a large deep frying pan over a high heat. Add silver beet (in batches if necessary) and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until wilted. Transfer silver beet to a bowl and leave to cool.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 more minute.
- Squeeze excess water from silver beet and place in a large bowl with broccoli, onion mixture, herbs, lemon zest, feta, ricotta and eggs. Stir to thoroughly mix and season with black pepper.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray a 26cm x 16cm rectangular baking tin with a light coating of oil. Spray 1 filo sheet lightly with oil, fold in half and use to line base of baking tin. Repeat with 2 more filo sheets. Spoon filling into tin and smooth surface. Spray another filo sheet with a light coating of olive oil, fold in half and use to line top of pie. Repeat process with last 2 filo sheets. Spray top of pastry lightly with oil. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Top pie with extra herbs. Slice in rectangles.
Serve pie with a cherry tomato and rocket salad.
If the pie filling seems too moist or watery at the end of step 4, add 1-2 tablespoons flour before baking.