Simple Asian slaw
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 cups finely shredded red and green cabbage
- 1 red capsicum, sliced thinly
- 1 yellow capsicum, sliced thinly
- 2 teaspoons minced or finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 cup seasoned rice wine vinegar (such as sushi vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons crushed or shaved palm sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Total fat 8g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 2g
1 In a bowl combine vegetables with ginger.
2 To make dressing, whisk together vinegar, sugar and sesame oil, mixing until sugar has dissolved. Pour dressing over slaw little by little until it is amalgamated.
3 Sprinkle coriander and sesame seeds over slaw and toss gently.
Humble vege star: Cabbage
Try savoy cabbage when in season as its sweetness and crinkled leaves are a perfect contrast to the brightly coloured red cabbage.