Simple satay chicken
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 500g boneless chicken breast, cut into strips
- splash of oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced into batons
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 can lite evaporated milk, coconut flavour
Total fat 10.3g
Saturated fat 2.9g
Dietary fibre 4g
1 Prepare the rice or noodles using your preferred method.
2 Combine the sweet chilli sauce, ginger, soy sauce and lemon juice. Toss the chicken strips in the mixture and set aside while you prepare the vegetables.
3 Heat a deep-sided frying pan or wok, add the oil and toss in the chicken, stirring frequently till browned. Add the chopped onion and cook till the onion begins to soften. Add the remaining vegetables, peanut butter and evaporated milk and simmer gently until the vegetables are tender. Serve with rice, noodles or salad greens.
If you can't find coconut-flavoured evaporated milk, use 3 capfuls (about 15 ml) of coconut essence to 1 can of lite evaporated milk.