Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1/2 tablespoon golden syrupmaple syrup corn syrupX
- 4 1/2 tablespoons reduced-fat spread (I used Olivani Lite)
- 1/3 cup castor sugar
- 5 Weet-Bix or similar biscuit-type cereal, crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 1/2 cups coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- juice 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup icingfrostingX sugar
Total fat 9g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 3g
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Melt syrup, spread and sugar in a saucepan. Add crumbled cereal biscuits and flour. Combine. Add remaining ingredients, except water. Stir till combined then add hot water and mix well. If needed, add extra hot water.
2 Using wet hands, press mixture into a greased sponge-roll tin and bake for 30 minutes.
3 To make icing, mix lemon juice into icing sugar. Add a few drops of water if necessary and drizzle icing over top of golden biscuit base. Slice into bars.
Try different combinations of fruits and nuts, other spices such as ginger, or add chocolate chips and ice with chocolate icing.