Smoky beef and vege fajitas with avocado salsa
Time to make: 40 mins
( Hands-on time: 20 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
1 large red onion
1 cup fresh coriandercilantroX
1 ripe avocado, chopped
1 small tomato, finely chopped
2 x 200g beef fillet steaks, fat trimmed
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground coriandercilantroX
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
4 large, flat mushrooms, thinly sliced
2 capsicums (1 red and 1 yellow), thickly sliced
8 mini corn sweetcornXtortillas (or 4 standard)
lime wedges, to serve
Total fat 22g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 8g
- Finely chop a quarter of the onion and half of the coriander. Mix in a bowl with avocado and tomato. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, spray beef with olive oil. In a small bowl, combine cumin, coriander, paprika and oregano, and sprinkle evenly over both sides of beef.
- Heat a barbecue hotplate to medium-high. Cut remaining onion into thin wedges. Grill onion, mushrooms and capsicums for 7–8 minutes, or until charred and tender. Transfer to a medium bowl and cover to keep warm.
- Grill beef for 3–4 minutes each side, or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a small plate. Cover with foil for 5 minutes to rest, before slicing thinly.
- Meanwhile, in a hot pan heat tortillas until warmed through. Serve tortillas topped with the capsicum mixture, beef, salsa, remaining coriander and lime.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free tortillas and check ground spices are gluten free.
Marinated, uncooked beef is suitable to freeze.