Smoky tomato and prawn tagliatelle
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
130g dried tagliatelle
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
2 spring onions, finely sliced
1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 1/2 cups (180g) raw prawns, thawed if frozen, peeled and tails removed
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
2 cups baby spinach
2 tablespoons fresh thyme, plus extra to garnish
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 7g
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook tagliatelle for 6-8 minutes, until al dente. Drain, reserving a cup of pasta water.
- In a frying pan, heat half the olive oil over medium-high. Add garlic, spring onion and capsicum and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add paprika and stir to coat vegetables. Add prawns and stir-fry another 2 minutes, until prawns are just cooked.
- Add cherry tomatoes and stir. Add a dash of pasta water. Add spinach and stir until wilted. Simmer for a few minutes more, until tomatoes have softened.
- Add pasta to pan, along with a little more pasta water. Stir to coat pasta with sauce. Add thyme and black pepper.
- To serve, divide pasta between 2 plates, garnished with extra thyme and pepper.
Make it low FODMAP: Use gluten-free pasta, green tips of spring onion and replace garlic with garlic-infused olive oil.
This recipe is from our Weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of delicious, nutritionist-approved meals for two, for under $85. Just grab your shopping list and get dinner done!