Spaghetti with clams and olives
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
130g dried spaghetti
2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
3 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cups rocketarugulaX leaves
1 clove garlic, chopped
3 large tomatoes, chopped
1/4 cup white wine
1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes, plus extra to serve
350g cockles or clams, scrubbed – about 15 cockles
3 cups spinach leaves
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon capers
1/4 cup black olives, chopped
juice of 1 lemon
Total fat 32g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 9g
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook spaghetti until al dente – about 8 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water.
- While pasta is cooking, in a bowl combine vinegar and ½ tablespoon of the oil. Add rocket and avocado and toss to coat.
- In a large pot, heat 1 1/2 tablespoons of the remaining oil over medium. Add garlic and tomatoes and stir. Add wine, chilli flakes, cockles and spinach and cook, covered, for 4-5 minutes until clams have opened. Discard any that haven’t opened. Remove pan from heat.
- Add spaghetti to cockles and sauce, along with parsley, capers and olives. Add a little pasta water, if needed, to make more sauce. Stir to combine.
- Serve pasta with salad on the side, drizzled with remaining oil and lemon juice and sprinkled with extra chilli flakes and black pepper.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free spaghetti.
Make it low FODMAP: Use gluten-free spaghetti that doesn’t contain soy flour, besan/chickpea/gram, lentil or lupin flours.
This recipe is from our Weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of delicious, nutritionist-approved meals for two, for under $85. Just grab your shopping list and get dinner done!