Spiced lentil fritters
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- oil spray
- 300g kumara, peeled, coarsely grated
- 6 spring onions, white part only, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 x 400g cans lentils, rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 75g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 4 cups frozen green vegetables, steamed, to serve
Total fat 14g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 12g
1 Spray a large frying pan with oil and place over a high heat. Add kumara and onions and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes. Add curry powder and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Transfer to a large bowl to cool slightly.
2 Add lentils, coriander and feta to kumara mixture. In a separate bowl whisk together flour and eggs until smooth. Add to kumara mixture and stir until well combined. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
3 Spray frying pan with a little more oil and place over a medium-high heat. Spoon 1/4-cupfuls of mixture into pan to make 4 fritters. Cook for 3 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Repeat with the remaining batter to make 16 fritters (spraying pan with a little more oil as needed). Serve with a dollop of yoghurt and steamed vegetables.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free varieties of curry powder, self-raising flour and yoghurt.