Spicy baked chicken
Time to make: 50 mins
( Hands-on time: 10 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 600g potatoes, cut in 3cm pieces
- cooking oil spray
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 teaspoons gluten-free curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coriandercilantroX
- 4 x 150g chicken breast fillets
- 6 cups frozen green vegetables such as broccoli and green beans
Total fat 7g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 8g
1 Preheat oven to 220°C. Place potatoes on a baking tray lined with baking paper and spray with oil. Bake for 40 minutes, until tender and crisp.
2 Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine water with garlic, maple syrup, curry powder, pepper and coriander. Add chicken and toss to coat. Spray a large frying pan with oil and cook chicken over a high heat for 4-5 minutes each side until browned. Transfer to a lined baking tray. Bake for 15-20 minutes until cooked through.
3 Meanwhile, cook green vegetables until just tender. Drain. Serve with chicken and potatoes.
You could also use 8 skinless drumsticks. Bake for 30 minutes in step 2, or until cooked through.