Spicy calamari with spaghetti
Time to make: 25 mins
( Hands-on time: 15 mins )
Total cost: $ 16.00 / $ 4.00 per serve
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 500g pack Shore Mariner Calamari Squid Rings, defrosted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns, crushed
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 1 small green chilli, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 300g spaghetti pasta
- oil spray
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 cups rocket
Total fat 13g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 7g
1 Place spaghetti on to cook in a large pan of boiling water. Meanwhile, place squid in a large bowl and toss with chilli flakes, salt and peppercorns.
2 Place parsley, onions, chilli and juice in a processor and mix until chopped finely. Add to squid and toss. Drain spaghetti once tender and place in a serving bowl.
3 Heat barbecue, griddle or a non-stick pan to high and spray with a little oil. Cook squid very quickly for 1-2 minutes.
4 Add to spaghetti with tomatoes and rocket. Toss lightly. Serve immediately garnished with lemon wedges if you prefer.
- Replace black peppercorns with coloured ones for variation.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta.