Spicy kumara wedges with black bean salsa
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 420g can black beans
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 lime, rind and juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriandercilantroX
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 4 kumara (about 1kg), peeled, cut in chunky wedges
- cooking oil spray
- 4 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream, to serve
Total fat 9g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 13g
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Put salsa ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well, then refrigerate.
2 In a bowl, mix paprika, cumin, pepper, oregano and sesame seeds. Place kumara in a separate bowl. Spray with oil, then sprinkle with sesame seeds and spice mix. Combine until well coated.
3 Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and crisp. Serve with salsa and a dollop of sour cream.
The wedges can be grilled on the barbecue, and the salsa can be made ahead to let the flavours develop.