Spinach and capsicum-filled chicken with grilled polenta
Time to make: 50 mins , plus 1 hr chilling
Total cost: $ 28.92 / $ 7.23 per serve
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- oil spray
- 2 cups salt-reduced liquid chicken stock
- 1/2 cup trim milk
- 1 cup instant polenta
- 400g green beans, trimmed
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, rinsed, halved
- 1/4 cup oil-free sun-dried tomatoes, cut in strips
- 1 cup shredded baby spinach
- 1/3 cup grated low-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped grilled red capsicum
- 4 x 150g chicken breast fillets
Total fat 13g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 4g
1 Spray a 19cm square cake tin with oil and set aside. Place stock and milk in a medium-sized saucepan with 1 1/2 cups water. Bring to the boil. Slowly add polenta, whisking continuously. Cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes until thickened. Pour mixture into prepared tin. Cool slightly then refrigerate for about 1 hour or until firm.
2 Meanwhile, steam green beans until tender. Drain then refresh under cold water. In a bowl combine beans, shallots, olives and tomato strips. Toss gently.
3 Combine spinach, mozzarella and capsicum in a small bowl. Use a small sharp knife to cut a horizontal slit in the thickest part of each chicken breast to create a pocket. Fill pockets with spinach mixture.
4 Heat a barbecue to medium. Chargrill chicken for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through. Meanwhile, trim edges of polenta and cut in 8 triangles. Spray with oil. Chargrill for about 5 minutes each side until charred and crisp. Serve chicken with polenta and green bean salad.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free stock.