Spinach and ricotta chicken
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 115g reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 cups spinach, loosely packed
- 1/2 cup dates, chopped finely
- cooking oil spray
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato paste
- 1/2 cup passata
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup light evaporated milk
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Total fat 8g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 3g
1 Preheat oven to 190°C. Flatten chicken between 2 sheets of greaseproof paper or plastic wrap until doubled in size.
2 Spread one side of each fillet with ricotta cheese. Lay over quarter of the spinach and then top with quarter of the dates. Roll up and secure with toothpicks. Spray with a little oil. Repeat for each breast. Oven-bake for 30 minutes.
3 Meanwhile, prepare sauce. Cook onion with oil until softened. Add tomato paste and cook for 1 more minute. Add passata, sugar and evaporated milk. Heat for 5 minutes, stirring. Season. Pour over chicken. Cook for 10 minutes.
4 Remove toothpicks from chicken before serving with kumara mash and steamed broccoli. Garnish with basil if desired.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free tomato paste and passata.